To be the first ever fine art mouth painted generative project, where the physical art is transformed from a mouth painted canvas into digital art and connected to the Solana Blockchain. Our Ultimate goal is to utilize the community built with the Genesis Curious Creature NFT to deploy a DAO built to support underrepresented artists by providing the necessary physical and financial tools for them to succeed.
Cruise is the artist. He experienced a spinal cord injury which left him paralyzed from the shoulders down at the age of 19. Not wanting to be held back by his disability, Cruise has since become an incredibly talented fine artist creating all of his pieces with nothing more than the use of his mouth.
It starts with a bright and colorful concept inspired by Cruises nautical upbringing, where he earned his name by sailing the Caribbean for most of his young life.
These pieces start as an idea and flow from the mind, through the mouth and onto the canvas creating incredible mouth painted masterpieces that are now making their way to the digital art realm, as seen with our very first Curious Creature, Mala!
CCC is a project focused on generative works of art stored immutably on the Solana blockchain. Solana is an energy efficient, high throughput, fast, and secure blockchain built for global scale.
Our Genesis collection featuring the very first Curious Creature – Mala – is a generative artwork created by Cruise Bogle and inspired by the concept of transforming high effort physical art into the digital realm with a collection of 444 1 of 1 versions of Mala (the giraffe) uniquely created from Cruises physical mouth paintings of different attributes, backgrounds and designs.
April 28, 2022.
-1/1 Auctions & Charity-
We will be putting up a 1/1 Mouth Painted piece on the Magic Eden Auction site with 100% of proceeds going directly to a Spinal Cord Injury Charity called ‘Walking With Anthony’. The Auction winner will also receive the original physical painting along with an NFT time lapse video of Cruise painting the entire piece by mouth.
April 29th, 2022.
-CCC Public MINT-
Our Genesis collection will feature the very first Curious Creature – Mala – which is inspired by the concept of high effort physical art, creating a generative collection of 1/1 PfP style art pieces. This Launch will be exclusively on the Magic Eden Launchpad on April 29th, 2022!!
(Own 1 Mala):
- Guaranteed WL for any future CCC Generative Projects.
- Guaranteed WL for all Incubator Artist NFT releases.
- Acceptance into DAO.
- Curate the Artist Incubator by voting on which artists and art to be supported.
- Vote on DAO fund dispersement for Apparel releases, Airdrops, Giveaways, etc.
(Own 2 Mala’s):
- All Sightseer benefits.
- Receive a custom physical 10×10 print of your specific Mala NFT.
- Guaranteed airdrop from any future CCC Generative Project.
- Guaranteed airdrop from Incubator Artist NFT releases.
(Own 3+ Mala’s):
- All Safari Guide benefits.
- Entrance into Raffles & Giveaways for:
- 1/1 physical art pieces Mouth Painted by Cruise that were used to create the layers and attributes for the Genesis Curious Creature NFTs.
- All expenses paid trips to the Annual ‘Cruiser Palooza‘ in Delray Beach, FL.
- All expenses paid trips to ‘Giraffe Manor‘ in Nairobi Africa, to visit Mala’s Ancestors.
What is an NFT and why do I want one?
What are NFTs?
An NFT — short for non-fungible token — essentially allows its buyer to say that they own the original copy of a digital file, in the same way you might own the original copy of a piece of physical art or the master file of a music recording.
How do NFTs work?
To grasp how NFTs function, you need to understand what it means for something to be “fungible.” If an asset is fungible, it can be swapped for another item within a category without changing its value. For instance, if you trade one dollar bill for another dollar bill, you still have a dollar.
Understanding NFTs also requires at least a baseline understanding of how blockchain technology works.
While blockchain networks support both NFTs and cryptocurrencies, the fundamental difference is that cryptocurrencies are fungible. One Bitcoin is essentially the same as another. Because NFTs are non-fungible, each one is different.
Content creators can make NFTs through a process known as “minting,” in which they generate a representation of their file on a blockchain network. These distributed networks can keep immutable records tracking every time an asset is bought and sold, and who currently owns it.
Once an NFT is minted, it can be bought, sold or traded. And even if someone makes a copy of the underlying file, the record of ownership can’t be changed without the permission of its current owner. The technology is complex, but broadly speaking the records are secured by the same mechanism that gives cryptocurrencies value by ensuring that a single token can’t be duplicated and used in multiple transactions at the same time.
What is the Curious Creature Collective?
CCC is a physical art turned digital art generative NFT project that will be released on the Solana blockchain. Every piece of art involved with the project will be painted by Cruise, a quadriplegic mouth painting artist, and it will be the first ever mouth painted NFT project ever created!
What is the total supply of the generative drop?
There will be 444, 1 of 1 versions of Mala (the giraffe) uniquely created from Cruises physical mouth paintings of different attributes, backgrounds and designs.
What will the mint price be?
The mint price will be determined the week of our Mint – scheduled for April 29, 2022!
How do I purchase a Curious Creature?
Curious Creature Collective Genesis Mint will be released on the MagicEden.io Launchpad. Just have a few SOL in your Phantom wallet on April 29 and you’re good to go!
When and where will the project be released?
CCC will be minting our first generative project on April 29, 2022 exclusively on the Magic Eden Launchpad.
What is Magic Eden and their Launchpad?
Magic Eden is the premier marketplace for NFTs based solely on the Solana Blockchain. Their Launchpad is a product and service that aims to help creators mint their collections without any technical know how.
What do the terms "Genesis, Generative and Mint" mean?
- Besides being awesome collectibles and digital pieces of art, the “Genesis” NFTs represent specifically the very first project and opportunity for members to directly fund a community they want to support.
- These collections consist of multiple NFTs, all so similar that they’re clearly part of the same collection, but just different enough to all be distinguishable from each other. Certain traits such as the color of an avatar’s skin or eyes, or its shirt or hat, make each NFT unique. These traits are automatically generated when a new collection is first launched and each NFT is purchased, aka minted.
- A buyer will “mint” new pieces by purchasing an NFT. The NFT contains a hash — a one-way cryptographic algorithm that maps input of any size to a unique output. That hash will determine what the new, unique piece of art you receive looks like, according to the artist’s algorithm. So you won’t know what the piece you’re minting looks like before you buy it.
What is a DAO?
- A decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) is an entity with no central leadership. Decisions get made from the bottom-up, governed by a community organized around a specific set of rules enforced on a blockchain.
- DAOs are internet-native organizations collectively owned and managed by their members. They have built-in treasuries that are only accessible with the approval of their members. Decisions are made via proposals the group votes on during a specified period.
What is a WL (White List) and how do I get on one?
- For NFTs, whitelisting is the process of getting a crypto wallet address pre-approved for a future NFT mint
- To be whitelisted means that you have gone through the process/steps, as defined by the NFT project team, of getting your SOL address pre-approved to mint an NFT at some predefined date and time.
- The whitelist not only guarantees a supporter a spot to mint, but could also allow for a reduced price for the NFT (or even a free NFT).
- Join Community Discord and Look for Instructions (early community members are typically rewarded while remaining spots may be given away through engagement, giveaways & partnerships)
What is an Airdrop?
- An airdrop is when a blockchain project distributes free NFTs to its community. To be a recipient of an airdrop often the only requirement is that you have an NFT from the relevant project’s blockchain stored in your wallet.
What is the Solana Blockchain?
- Solana is a blockchain platform designed to host decentralized, scalable applications.
- Solana can process many more transactions per second, and has much lower transaction fees, than rival blockchains like Ethereum.
- Solana’s native cryptocurrency, which has the ticker SOL, has a market capitalization of over $31 billion, making it the fifth-largest cryptocurrency.
- Solana is a Proof of Stake (PoS) blockchain and also uses a new technology called Proof of History (PoH).